Consumer & Industry Programs
The National Consumer Reporting Association (NCRA) Presents IDSafeChoice
If your identity becomes compromised, IDSafeChoice provides you with:
- A Personal Recovery Advocate - This identity theft resolution expert will restore your good name and rightful credit history.
- A Recovery Plan - Your Advocate will provide you with activation forms and instructions for immediate action.
- A Personal Identity Recovery Plan* - Your Advocate will manage the research and recovery process for you and restore identity to pre-theft status, no matter how long it takes.
- Post-Recovery Follow-up for 12 Full Months - Your Advocate will work with you to address any additional fraudulent activity that may surface later.
FCRA End User Certification Test
Under the federal FCRA (Title VI of the Consumer Credit Protection Act) and various state laws dealing with consumer reporting, there are a number of procedures and activities required of consumer reporting agencies and users of their information. In general, consumer reporting agencies are required to utilize reasonable procedures to assure maximum possible accuracy of the information which they collect, maintain and report and only report such information when a user certifies that it has a "permissible purpose" for utilizing such information, i.e., when a consumer has applied for credit, employment, insurance or when a user has a legitimate business transaction involving the consumer.
The key topics tested to complete the certification are:
- Permissible Purposes of Reports
- Information Requirements
- Disclosures to Consumers
- Need to Know Information
- GLB Requirements
- Requirements of the National Credit Repositories